BENTLEIGH GREENS SOCCER CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT
PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
This code of conduct shall apply to all players. Any breach thereof shall be subject to disciplinary action by Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and/or the Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club and may result in penalties, fines which (payable by the individual) or expulsion from the club.
1. I fully agree to play under the jurisdiction of the FFV as a registered player of Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club.
2. I will not engage in the use of crude, foul or abusive language that may be deemed offensive or engage in any conduct detrimental to the image of the game or the Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club when on or off the field.
3. I will refrain from arguing with the referee and/or assistant referees regarding decisions they make.
4. I will treat participants, officials and spectators with respect.
5. I will play by the laws of the game.
6. I will cooperate with my coach, team mates, referees and officials.
7. I will not use any banned substance or drugs of dependence throughout my involvement with the Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club.
8. I will display good sportsmanship at all times.
PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
This code of conduct shall apply to parents and guardians. Any breach thereof shall be subject to disciplinary action by Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and/or the Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club and may result in penalties, fines (payable by the individual) from the club of child and/or you from the club.
1. Remember that children play sport for their enjoyment , not yours,
2. Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
3. Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
4. Encourage children to always participate according to the rules.
5. Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
6. Remember that children learn best by example. Applaud good play by all teams.
7. Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
8. Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
9. Show appreciation of coaches, officials and administrators. Without them your child could not participate.
10. Respect the facilities that being used.
COACH’S CODE OF CONDUCT
This code of conduct shall apply to coaches. Any breach thereof shall be subject to disciplinary action by Football Federation Victoria (FFV) and/or the Bentleigh Greens Soccer Club and may result in penalties, fines (payable by the individual) or expulsion from the club.
1. Remember that players participate for fun and winning is only part of the fun.
2. Never ridicule or yell at a player for making mistakes or for not winning a game.
3. Be reasonable in your demands on a player’s time, energy and enthusiasm.
4. Always operate within the rules and spirit of the game and teach your player’s to do the same
5. Ensure that the time players spend with you is a positive experience. All players are deserving of equal attention and opportunities.
6. Avoid overplaying the talented player, the less developed player need and deserve equal time.
7. Ensure that the equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of the players.
8. Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved in the sport. This includes opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, the media, parents and spectators. Encourage players to do the same.
9. Show concern and caution toward sick and injured players. Follow the advice of the player, a parent or a medical advisor when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition games.
10. Obtain appropriate coaching qualifications and keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth development and conditioning of players.
11. Any physical contact by the coach with a player should be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player’s skill development.
12. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every player regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
13. Be fair, considerate and honest with your player.
14. Be a positive role model for your players on and off the field.